Friday, August 26, 2005

Gearing Up: Tomorrow Night v. l.a.

Alas, the last game of the Comets regular season is tomorrow night.

The girls were really fun to watch this year. (I wish I could say the same for the single game attendees that have parked their obnoxious behinds in my section this year... but that's a post for another day).

We play l.a. tomorrow night. The Comets-sparks rivalry goes way back. Some of my most memorable games from the early days are end of season and playoff games against la. I think all of the founding season ticketholders will never forget the game on the day Kim Perrot passed away. For that reason, alone, I cannot support the sparks. Talk about pitiful sportsmanship... The next game that we played them at home, during the playoffs, made up for it, though. Smirk.

And and another thing about the game tomorrow... their new coach, you know... Kobe's daddy, Joe Bryant... had better not try
THIS again!!! I'm sorry, but the sparks are among the dirtiest in the league. If you're playing them, you've gotta step your aggression up a dozen notches, to stay in the game!

Fortunately, we secured a playoff berth Thursday night. l.a. will be fighting hard, because their post-season play depends on the game tomorrow night. It will be a nail biter, for sure!

No comments: