Saturday, September 10, 2005

Hopes Dashed, Comets Swept... And Yet It Was Still A Good Time

One great thing about Comets' games... is that you're afforded the opportunity to meet terrific people who share your interests... people you might not meet, otherwise.

I met two people who I now consider a couple of my best friends, by having seats adjacent to them... season after season. And we stay in touch, year round.

So I suited up and headed out to their house in Suburbia, for today's game with Sacramento, since it was "away" Game 2 in the Western Conference Finals (after we blew the game here on Thursday).

The game was awful. We lost 65-74. It was as if we went there, knowing it was not our game to win. And there's nothing more I want to say about it.

Setting that matter aside, however, I had a great time! Good drink, good food and great company always makes for a great time!

No comments: