Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The 3-11

The Houston Comets banked another one in the win column by defeating our I-10 Rivals, the SASS (San Antonio Silver Stars), 75-67.

Sadly (and VERY unhappily), I didn't get to attend the game tonight, due to
an enormous black, gloomy, stormy cloud over my head. I WAS, however, able to the webcast... though I was largely distracted by sweltering conditions and other discomforts.

Most of what I recollect from the webcast is Becky Hammond, Becky Hammond, Becky Hammond! Yeah, I got it... Becky Hammond. My God, she scored 32 points(!)... thank the Good Lord the rest of her team didn't show up to play.


And the most remarkable thing I see, in glancing at the stats is this: TURNOVERS.

SASS... 29
Houston Comets... 18

While still too many for my liking... it's better. It's better!

I promise you a better post tomorrow, once I cool off.

No comments: