Thursday, June 14, 2007

It's One Thing... And Another

It's one thing to be rebuilding... and another thing to be flailing.

It's one thing to be the worst in the Conference... and another thing to be the worst in the League.

But it's now official.

With
Washington's win over Phoenix last night... we now own The Worst record in the WNBA.

I'm not a fair weather fan, ya'all. I plan to stick by my team for as long as they play in a Toyota Center. And that issue, alone, is what has me worried. Do I need to divest my emotions in a team that is teetering on the verge of being relocated to another city... or shifted to a second rate venue in an unsafe neighborhood?

I don't want to worry. And I don't want to abandon. I have invested more than money and reaped more than joy from my 11 year commitment to the Houston Comets. But I am tortured by the thought of giving it all up to another city or to another (financially feasible and otherwise completely undesirable) venue.

For me, it's less about losing games... and WAY more about losing my Comets!

No comments: