Friday, June 08, 2007

New Sparks Owners Are Fans First

Season ticket-holders, Kathy Goodman (left) and Carla Christofferson are the new owners of the L.S. (Photo Courtesy of Robert Durell , LA Times, Article by jerome.crowe@latimes.com ).

This is an awesome
story of fan(s) and fantasy! And I think it's just terrific that these women have, among their assets, the STH perspective!

In fact, they apparently entered the arena for their June 2nd game and walked right past the floor seats set aside for them and cheered for their team from the upper reaches of the lower bowl, among the throngs of Sparks fans!


Highlights from the article:

When asked what's the best thing about owning the Sparks, Goodman replied, "If I'm going to be a geeky fan about it, I would say, the players saying hi to me," she said. "And hanging out with Michael Cooper. It's very cool."

And their top priority seems to be the fans. Goodman said, "I feel like I'm responsible for them. Like, 'OK, they need to have a good time and it needs to be a good game.' I sort of feel like I'm throwing a party and if people don't have a good time, I'm not a good host."

No comments: