Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Transactions: Comets Swap T's: Sign Dixon

So... the Comets waived Tamara Moore and Tari Phillips, in order to sign Tamecka Dixon.

I've always liked Tari, but I have to admit that she hasn't contributed much lately. And I'm not sure it was a great idea to waive (the young and talented) Moore. But I'm ok with signing Dixon, if she's healthy and ready to play.

“I'm excited to be back with the team and to be able to play for Coach Thompson. I feel as if I'm starting anew. I've just been working out, training and hoping for the opportunity to contribute my talent and effort.”

Truth is, I enjoy watching her. I like her 'old school' style of play. While some might disagree, I, personally, like her energy, leadership and determination, and I think there's a place for her here. And yeah, I know, I'm partial to the veterans!

It's amazing and sometimes scary how accurate the rumor mill can be! I'm ok with this one, though... for now.One thing that's confusing me, though, is that we waived two players, one with veteran pay (I'm assuming), but only signed one veteran at veteran pay (I'm assuming)... What else is coming down the pike?

Photo by WNBA.

No comments: