Saturday, August 11, 2007

OUTRAGE

I'm hoarse today from screaming... "PUT MISTIE IN!".

And I know that I'm not the only STH who is outraged by Karleen's player selections and substitutions last night.

For the second time in her two seasons with the Houston Comets, Mistie Williams' dad... Chubby Checker attended a game in Toyota Center. And his daughter didn't play.

As in last year's game, Chubby seemed largely embarassed by the attention shown him, utterly bored by the game, and disappointed (as were we all) that his daughter didn't get one single second of playing time.

Chubby seems like a great dad with a good sense of humor. I just don't think he's a basketball fanatic. At one point, I saw him trying to gain Mistie's attention with some sort of vulcan hand signal. And I think I saw her using her hand to both block out the sight and conceal her facial expressions and laughter.

He didn't come to watch a basketball game. He came to see his daughter. I'm sure he would have cheered loudly, had she played.

SIDE NOTE: I know I'm paying special attention to Mistie, in this instance, because her dad is a celebrity... but hear me out:

Mistie is one of my favorite players, anyway. I always want to see her play. She's an academic, and I think she gets better and better with each minute she plays. She's a leader and her enthusiasm is contagious. I think she would likely be a starter on another team. Bottom line... I don't want to lose her.

I just think if we can afford for 'PeeWee' (Erin Grant) can play almost 16 minutes without scroing, we could afford at least 4 or 5 minutes to let Mistie get her feet under her.

I'm just sayin'...

No comments: