Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tina Gets 2000 And Threatens to Leave

In case you missed it, buried obscurely in the previous post, Tina Thompson became only the fourth player in WNBA history to amass 2000 career rebounds... in what now appears like it might be her last game in the league.

The veteran forward has said she might leave the WNBA after this season to concentrate on a more lucrative career playing in Europe.

Thompson reiterated that possibility in an interview before Sunday night's game.

"Playing there for a couple of years, in comparison to playing a couple more years in the WNBA, is something that's more economically feasible for me at this point," she said.

"I haven't thought that much about it during the season. That wasn't something I was making a priority at all. I have another eight or nine months to make a decision."

She hasn't thought much about it during the season??? Please. Her demeanor has said she doesn't want to be here.
  1. Does the success of the league, and the hope you give another young American girl, in junior high school, not count?

  2. Or do you just want out of your relationship with the Comets? And if so,

  3. Was it the changing of the ownership?

  4. Was it the changing of leadership?

  5. Was it the dismal season?

  6. Is it Houston's devoted STH fanbase, but overall shrinking attendance?...

  7. Or is it truly economics...?
Because I gotta tell you... combined with her emotional distance this season, this feels like a 'KMA, Comets fans' interview to me.

I'm a HUGE TT fan, and this hurts. I want her to be here. I do. But I guess only...

Time will tell.

No comments: