Monday, June 11, 2007

Make That O(MG) and 7

The Monarchs beheaded us tonight, 82-67.

If we learned anything from tonight's game, perhaps it is that Tina Thompson cannot win the game by herself, in spite of her outstanding performance (33 points, just one short of half of our total).

Observations of others:
  • The Chronicle points out that this was the first game in which the Comets never held the lead. Well, we're all about firsts!
  • A friend of mine who listened to the WNBA webcast told me that one of the hosts said, "If I was Tina Thompson, I would ask to be traded". Isn't that a lovely thing to say?. Am I just naive... or do you think the League's webcast should provide neutral commentary? I'm assuming, for the purpose of economy, that they broadcast Sacramento's radio programming, but still...

No comments: