Wednesday, June 13, 2007

(Wo)man The Lifeboats!

I heard a disturbing rumor that a key member of the "organization" gave notice a couple of weeks ago.

I recently saw this person ascending the steps, toward the end of a game, with head hanging low. It seemed odd to me at the time, because I recall so many games, win or lose, this person making the same exit, shaking hands and acknowledging fans.

Odder still, when it was the same night that an arena employee told me of rumors that, next year, there would either be no team... or they would be playing at UH.

That person's name is still on the
Staff Directory, along with TBD... who is quadrupling roles as Chief Operating Officer, Vice President of Corporate Development, Coordinator of Corporate Development Service and Coordinator of Website and Database Management.

Wow. This TBD must be really busy... and maybe that's why the directory doesn't reflect the rumored departure.

No comments: